Commercial Window Tint Decorative Films are Suitable
for installation on any smooth surface that does not absorb moisture such as glass, mirrors, monolithic and cellular polycarbonate, laminated wall and furniture panels.
Using decorative matte films will ensure privacy while maintaining sufficient light transmission of the glass and making it safe.
Decorative films are installed on the glass without dismantling it and do not require special care. The scratch protection layer increases the service life of the films, allowing them to be used for the entire life of the glass structure.
Myth: film does not significantly affect heat loss
Reality: the proportion of heat transferred through the Commercial Window Tint
through heat transfer (mechanical heat transfer from warm body to cold) and convection (air infiltration) is 20-40%, depending on the quality of the sealing of the window itself: from a double-glazed unit to a single glass. The rest of the heat (60-80%) is transferred through the window with the help of light radiation. Most light-shielding films filter about 70-80% of infrared radiation, up to 90% of the visible, 95-99% of ultraviolet. Therefore, the reduction in heating due to radiation will be about 85% or up to 50-70% of the total heat loss through the window. For weak toning (blocking about 10% of visible light, infrared and ultraviolet radiation – still 70-80% and 95-99%, respectively), the decrease in total heat loss through the window
yth: window films – novelty with unproven properties
Reality: Commercial Window Tint
films have been used throughout the world for more than half a century.
For the first time, technology began to be used in the 1960s. The greatest development was in the energy crises of the early 1970s from economic considerations. Currently actively developing in connection with the popularity of the idea of environmental and energy-saving technologies.
Myth: the street will be hard to see because of the Commercial Window Tint
Reality: dark tinted or reflective mirror films significantly change the look of the glazing when viewed from the street (due to the absorption of already weak light rays from the room as compared to bright objects on the street). But if you look from the room, then the kind of street – practically does not change.
Myth: the room with a film on the windows will be too hot
Reality: the films carry out additional thermal insulation (due to filtration), making it difficult to transfer heat from the street indoors and back. Therefore, if the room is normal conditions (in the summer – cooler than on the street, and in the winter – warmer), then the film will only improve the situation.
Only if heat losses are welcome (a strong heat removal from the premises in winter or a significant supply in the summer), it is not advisable to use the film.
Myth: window film completely prevents the burning of furniture
Reality: Although the window sunscreen significantly reduces the burn up caused by ultraviolet rays (blocking up to 99% or more), infrared radiation (blocking up to 70-80%) and visible light (by filtering 10-90%), it cannot prevent 100% action of the sun. Ultraviolet is responsible for ~ 40% fading, visible light for ~ 25% fading, infrared radiation for ~ 25% (causes excessive heating and moisture release from the materials, making them brittle and worn), the remaining 10% degradation depends on the material itself and surrounding factors in the room.
Therefore, the film can reduce the impact on furniture by 70-80% and thereby increase the fading period by about 4-5 times, compared to glasses without a film.
eality: films – do not seal the windows and do not interfere with heat transfer due to thermal conductivity (direct mechanical transfer of heat from the warm zone to the glass and from it – into the cold zone). They struggle only with a part of the heat transmitted by radiation (about 20-40%, depending on the quality of the windows).
Therefore, the application of the film does not replace, but complements the double-glazed window, which creates thermal insulation against thermal conductivity due to air gaps between its glasses, as well as various methods of insulating glass slits and air leaks.
Myth: window films are expensive
Reality: the applied window film increases the cost of the plastic window by ~ 10%, aluminum by ~ 5%, wooden by ~ 3%. The cost of applying a window film approximates the cost of tinted or low-emission glass manufactured industrially.
The prescribed service life of the window film is approximately the same as the designated window service life.
At the same time, the film can reduce the costs of replacing faded furniture, finishing walls, ceiling and floor, carpets, electricity costs (for cooling the room in the summer air conditioning and heating with additional heaters in winter), increase subjective comfort and quality of life. As a rule, the cost of applying film economically pays off for 5-7 years.